Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

"How I Hear the Voice of God!"

This brief discourse is by "no means" the ONLY way to hear the Voice of God; but it is a random sample of how I hear His voice.
  • I make a "conscience decision" to draw closer to Him (James 4:8) thus developing a deeper and more intimate relationship.
  • I have a "repentant heart" for my transgressions against Him and His word.  I am transparent in my SIN.
  • I make my mind "still" (by quieting my thoughts until they become His thoughts) (Habakkuk 2:1).
  • I "pray" in the Spirit (a deep communion with the Holy Spirit in "silence" so I can hear the voice of God...not senseless rambling and vain repetition).  If I am speaking, I cannot hear God! (Ephesians 1:8) (1 Cor 14:14)
  • I renew and refresh my mind (Ephes 4:23) (Col 3:16) (Rom 12:1-2) (Jam 1:22)
  • You must find your "secret place"..that is where God will visit you.  That place is different for everyone. I am attentive and focused on the "still, small voice" of God being careful not to allow the cares of this world to distract me or disrupt the fellowship.  In this, I am careful to remove myself from my family to my "secret place."
This is how God speaks to me:
  • Through dreams, visions, spontaneous impressions, conversations with others (usually confirmation of what the Spirit has already said to me privately); through the Holy Spirit and His Word.
This is how I know that God has spoken to me:
  • I have an incredible "peace" that settles my spirit man.
  • I have a "witness" in my spirit (you might be familiar with the term "blessed assurance").
  • When the "sound" I hear is in perfect alignment and agreement with His Word.
  • When there are no apparent "contradictions" to His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment