Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

"Understanding the Spirit of CONDEMNATION!"

Men have a difficult time understanding the spirit of condemnation.

God is NOT saying He has given a license to do anything we want to do without serious repercussions. He is NOT saying repeat offenders will not have to suffer the consequences of premeditated offenses against His Word.

He is NOT excusing belligerent and abusive behavior or blatant disregard for the laws of the land. God IS saying because of His love for us, He wants us all to trust and believe that if we REPENT of our transgressions against Him and make a commitment to strive for a peaceful and a righteous spirit- led life, He will forgive us and love us back into a right relationship with Him.

So you say, what are you saying Brother Nick? My answer is, consider your ways. We have become so reckless and indifferent in the way we deal with one another.





This “keeping it real”, chest pounding fad sweeping the nation has really been taken out of context. Keeping it real doesn’t mean you can say anything to anybody anyway you want to without regard for their feelings.

Certainly there are exceptions to every rule, but what I am referring to is a scenario where one individual is addressing another individual that he knows and cares about.

The spirit of condemnation or those who impose their self-righteousness upon another person without regard to the word of God is pervasive throughout the KOG and is a dangerous tool in the wrong hands. A Believer whose inner-man is not strong and vibrant and powerful can be very easily distracted and swayed by a non-believer whose life does not reflect their personal perspective on how people are supposed to act.

I am a firm believer that an assessment of any person who is struggling with their carnality including Believers has to encounter a man or woman of faith who is confident in their ability to minister to the life of the individual with love, patience and grace.





Specifically, if you engage any person who is profane, drinks or smokes and you don’t there are many different ways to minister to the person without preaching to or condemning them.

I am NOT saying you are to compromise your beliefs, but I AM saying that Christians need to stop being so stuck up and pious as if they have never cursed, drank or smoked themselves. It trips me out to hear Believers speak about their encounters during evangelism and how disgusted they are with the world or those who don’t believe that Jesus Christ is Lord.

The reason why Believers are so ineffective in ministering or displaying the love of Christ to others unconditionally is that they spend too much time in church with other Believers perpetrating a fraud.

Let’s go deeper! There is a language that Christians speak to one another that is so superficial, artificial and fraudulent it’s no wonder we don’t hear or see one another’s heart. The fear of being exposed has somehow created an atmosphere of weakness and vulnerability in the BOC. I am so sick of the religious responses to a simple How ya doin’? I swear I want to slap the next person who says, I’m blessed and highly favored! Or I’m more than a conqueror! C’mon ya’ll, please stop playing around and tell me how you really feel! It’s okay to say, I’m hurting or I’m scared or I’m mad at my wife or My kids really make me sick!

GET FREE!! Stop the madness!
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment