Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

"The DOOR is NOT LOCKED!"

It's both a strange and awesome thing about "doors." I was reflecting the other day about what life would be like without them. Just think about the nature of doors. Their primary function is to provide security and access. They also provide protection and from outside forces they keep us safe.

I remember a few months ago when I accidentally locked my keys inside my car while it was running along with my cell phone! I was in a remote location and was unable to call for help. It took me the better part of an hour to figure out how to get inside. I asked several people if they could help but to no avail. You see, I was stranded outside of a prison in South Carolina and they don't take to kindly to unmanned vehicles "running" outside the front gate for some strange reason (LOL)! I was under pressure to make a very important parole hearing and was frustrated that I was not able to deal with this problem after my meeting.


I began to think about Jesus and what He said in the Gospel of John:


(The Gospel of John, Chapter 10: 9-10)


Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me[a] are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."






I knew at that very moment what I had to do. I just stopped. I shut down and I stepped away from the car and laughed at the situation. It was crazy. I asked Him for guidance and then I thanked Him! You see my friends, I had been trying to come in through the window and He told me to come in through the door. Within seconds I was able to open my door, get my keys and make my meeting on time!


He told me, "Only a thief enters through the window. The sheep enters through the door!" This story is not about locked cars, coat hangers or being stranded. It's about RELATIONSHIP.


The person INSIDE the DOOR has the POWER. The Lord God declares boldly to His sheep that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. He is ALL ACCESS,  24-7, 365! He continues on to tell us that He is the Originator, Creator and Innovator of ALL THINGS and that everything else is Counterfeit. He proclaims that He is aware of the deception that has kept many of His sheep from His pastures. He references wolves, thieves and hirelings that try to masquerade as shepherds and scatter the sheep. He concludes by telling us that these thieves are only interested in stealing, killing and destroying your FAITH!


He is the DOOR. He is on the INSIDE. He will RECEIVE you in PEACE with LOVE and GRACE. He will give you REST. No matter where you are in life. No matter where you have been. No matter what you need. He is the ANSWER. He is the DOOR that DIED FOR YOU!

He is the DOOR...and the DOOR is NOT LOCKED! 

No comments:

Post a Comment