Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

"I Gotta PRAY About It!"

Whether I am in the conversation directly or in close proximity, whenever I hear this response from one Christian to another, "I gotta pray about it," it makes me cringe...just a little bit! Are you a sheep or a goat? (Matt. 25:31-46)

Allow me to translate "I gotta pray about" for you; it is just a polite way of saying "No. I can't. I won't. I don't want to. Not in this lifetime. or Not for you!" One can usually hear this response connected to a request for MONEY or SERVICE in the MARKETPLACE!

The saints are funny with their multiple layers of deception hidden under the guise of perpetrating "super spiritualism." This negative behavior is being taught in many of our gatherings between the elite Christians and the Poor Christians. Sometimes it's the elite and the one's faking elitism when they are in need more than the poor ones. Either way, it's a shame."I can't let nobody know I'm three months behind on my mortgage; they might kick me out of the club or they most certainly will begin to treat me differently when they find out I don't have any food in my house!" 




Isn't it ironic that the spirit of fear is more prevalent in the Body of Christ than in the marketplace? How can it be that we have created a culture where our brothers and sisters who are in need are AFRAID to ask for help? Why is there an interrogation from the church leadership about the problem? Now, I do know that there are those people who will abuse the system no matter what the circumstances and that there are some lazy folks out there looking for a "pay day."  But in my experience, the overwhelming majority of people are truly in trouble and need to be helped. So why not help them?

The Lord God has clearly outlined for us the areas WE NEED NOT PRAY ABOUT in His WORD! In Matthew 25:31-46 He directs ALL BELIEVERS to:

  1. Feed the HUNGRY.
  2. Give the THIRSTY something to drink. 
  3. Be kind to STRANGERS (Homeless people) and take them in (care for them).
  4. Clothe the NAKED.
  5. Visit the SICK.
  6. Minister to those in PRISON.

Pretty straightforward huh? No gray areas here! Hey, if you can can do it..just do it! No need to light candles, burn incense, rub ash all over your body and tear your sack cloth garments in half. No need to roll on the floor or bark at the moon. No need to poor oil over your head or spend five hours on your knees! No need to have corporate prayer and petition the saints for approval.

If you can spare the $200 for the brother to get some groceries; just give it to him and keep it movin'! Selah...

No comments:

Post a Comment